2017 Tennessee Code
Title 13 - Public Planning and Housing
Chapter 30 - Tennessee Local Land Bank Program
§ 13-30-111. Corporation to hold property -- Maintenance and availability of inventory of real property -- Policies and procedures regarding consideration to be received for transfers of property -- Hierarchical ranking of priorities for use -- Voting and approval requirements.
- (a) The corporation shall hold in its own name all real property acquired by the corporation for the land bank irrespective of the identity of the transferor of such property.
- (b) The corporation shall maintain and make available for public review and inspection an inventory of all real property held for the land bank. In addition to referrals to public access, routine, printed, real property records or those on municipal and county electronic database files, the corporation is authorized to maintain an independent, publically available, electronic inventory via the creating local government or local government's web site with any combination of pictures, informal descriptions, legal descriptions and addresses as the board may deem appropriate to its purposes related to real property in the land bank. The corporation is obligated to make reasonable efforts to ensure that information contained in any independent, electronic inventory is practically accurate or to ensure that a prominent disclaimer of accuracy is prominently displayed to any potential viewer.
- (c) The corporation shall determine and set forth in policies and procedures of the board of directors, the general terms and conditions for consideration to be received for the transfer of real property and interests in real property, which consideration may take the form of monetary payments and secured financial obligations, covenants and conditions related to the present and future use of the property, contractual commitments of the transferee, and such other forms of consideration as determined by the board of directors to be in the best interest of the corporation related to real property in and for the land bank.
- (d) The corporation may convey, exchange, sell, transfer, lease as lessee, grant, release and demise, pledge and hypothecate any and all interests in, upon or to real property of the land bank, to the extent authorized by the legislative body of the creating local government or local governments and in a manner which does not violate § 29-17-102.
- (e) The legislative body of the local government or local governments creating the corporation are authorized to establish a hierarchical ranking of priorities for the use of real property conveyed to the corporation for the land bank including, but not limited to:
- (1) Use for purely public spaces and places;
- (2) Use for affordable housing;
- (3) Use for retail, commercial and industrial activities; or
- (4) Use as wildlife conservation areas, and such other uses and in such hierarchical order as determined.
- (f) The creating local government or local governments are authorized to require that any particular form of disposition of real property, or any disposition of real property located within specified jurisdictions which is held by the corporation in the land bank, be subject to specified voting and approval requirements of the board of directors. Except and unless restricted or constrained in this manner, the board of directors may delegate to officers and employees the authority to enter into and execute agreements, instruments of conveyance and all other related documents pertaining to the conveyance of real property held by the corporation as real property for the land bank.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.