2017 Tennessee Code
Title 13 - Public Planning and Housing
Chapter 30 - Tennessee Local Land Bank Program
§ 13-30-110. Acquisition and maintenance of real property and interests in real property.

Universal Citation: TN Code § 13-30-110 (2017)
  • (a) The corporation may acquire real property or interests in real property for the land bank by gift, devise, transfer, exchange, foreclosure, purchase, or otherwise on terms and conditions and in a manner the corporation considers proper.
  • (b) The corporation may acquire real property by purchase contracts, lease purchase agreements, installment sales contracts or land contracts, and may accept transfers from municipalities or counties upon such terms and conditions as agreed to by the corporation and the local government.
  • (c) The corporation shall maintain all of its real property and real property held in the land bank in accordance with state law and the laws and ordinances of the jurisdiction in which the real property is located.
  • (d) The corporation shall not own or hold real property located outside the jurisdictional boundaries of the local governmental entity or entities that created the corporation; provided, however, that the corporation may be granted authority pursuant to an intergovernmental cooperation agreement with another municipality or county to manage and maintain real property located within the jurisdiction of such other municipality or county.
  • (e) Except as provided in § 13-30-120, notwithstanding any other law to the contrary, any municipality or county may convey to the corporation real property and interests in real property on such terms and conditions, and according to such procedures, as determined by the legislative body of the local government conveying the real property to the corporation.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.