2010 Tennessee Code
Title 55 - Motor and Other Vehicles
Chapter 9 - EquipmentLighting Regulations
Part 4 - Lighting Regulations
- 55-9-401 - Lights on vehicles other than motor vehicles Visibility distance Penalty.
- 55-9-402 - Lights required on motor vehicles Exceptions Regulations as to color, type and visibility distance.
- 55-9-403 - Headlamps on motorcycles Penalty.
- 55-9-404 - Lamp at end of train of vehicles Penalty.
- 55-9-405 - Lighting devices and reflectors on vehicles having width in excess of 80 inches, truck tractors, and trailers Lamp or flag on projecting load Penalties.
- 55-9-406 - Headlights on motor vehicles Operation during inclement weather Violation Penalty Costs.
- 55-9-407 - Multiple beam road lighting equipment Use.
- 55-9-408 - Headlights complying with prohibition against glaring and dazzling lights Anti-glare devices Mounted height of lamps.
- 55-9-409 - Inspecting and testing lamps emitting glare Order to remove illegal lamps Arrest of drivers.
- 55-9-410 - Penalty for refusal or failure to submit to lamp inspection.
- 55-9-411 - Stations established by department for adjusting lights or brakes.
- 55-9-412 - Certificate of adjustment Issuance after inspection or adjustment.
- 55-9-413 - Warning or signal light for rural mail carriers authorized.
- 55-9-414 - Blue flashing emergency lights on motor vehicles unlawful Exception Penalty.
- 55-9-415 - Operation of vehicle with lamps or spotlights facing backwards Penalty.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.