There is a newer version of the Tennessee Code
2010 Tennessee Code
Title 55 - Motor and Other Vehicles
Chapter 17 - Vehicle Licenses
Part 1 - Motor Vehicle Sales Licenses
- 55-17-101 - Legislative findings and declaration.
- 55-17-102 - Part definitions.
- 55-17-103 - Motor vehicle commission Appointment and qualifications of members.
- 55-17-104 - Terms of members Vacancies Oath of office.
- 55-17-105 - Official residence of commission Meetings Quorum.
- 55-17-106 - Executive director Staff Special counsel Seal.
- 55-17-107 - Powers and duties of commission Rules and regulations Forms.
- 55-17-108 - Disposition of fees and charges.
- 55-17-109 - Activities for which license required Exception.
- 55-17-110 - License for each location and franchise Exception Employment of salesperson.
- 55-17-111 - Application for license Contents Bond Report of changes.
- 55-17-112 - License fees Interest Penalty.
- 55-17-113 - Location of business to be specified on license Changes requiring new license Possession and display of license Name to appear on license.
- 55-17-114 - Grounds for denial, suspension, or revocation of license.
- 55-17-115 - Venue in actions involving manufacturers and motor vehicle dealers.
- 55-17-116 - Judicial review.
- 55-17-117 - Violations Civil and criminal penalties Injunctions.
- 55-17-118 - Provisions cumulative.
- 55-17-119 - Receipts and expenditures.
- 55-17-120 - Exception to licensing requirements.
- 55-17-121 - Labor rate charged customers by dealers.
- 55-17-122 - Provisions governing hearings and judicial review.
- 55-17-123 - Exception for certain transactions.
- 55-17-124 - Sale or transfer from manufacturer to distributor not unlawful.
- 55-17-125 - Annual sales reports Eligibility for dealer plates.
- 55-17-126 - Agreement to and compliance with the provisions of this part.
- 55-17-127 - Emission testing and vehicle inspection prior to consummation of sale of pre-owned vehicles.
- 55-17-128 - Sale of camping trailers and travel trailers at permitted shows.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.