2010 Tennessee Code
Title 34 - Guardianship
Chapter 6 - Power of Attorney
Part 2 - Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care
34-6-201 - Part definitions.
34-6-201. Part definitions.
As used in this part, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) Durable power of attorney for health care means a durable power of attorney to the extent that it authorizes an attorney in fact to make health care decisions for the principal;
(2) Health care means any care, treatment, service or procedure to maintain, diagnose or treat an individual's physical or mental condition, and includes medical care as defined in § 32-11-103(5);
(3) Health care decision means consent, refusal of consent or withdrawal of consent to health care;
(4) Health care institution means a health care institution as defined in § 68-11-1602;
(5) Health care provider means a person who is licensed, certified or otherwise authorized or permitted by the laws of this state to administer health care in the ordinary course of business or practice of a profession; and
(6) Person includes an individual, corporation, partnership, association, the state, a city, county, city and county, or other public entity or governmental subdivision or agency, or any other legal entity.
[Acts 1990, ch. 831, § 2.]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.