2020 South Dakota Codified Laws
Title 12 - Elections
Chapter 13 - Constitutional Amendments And Submitted Questions
- Section 12-13-1 - Delivery of proposed questions to county auditors--Attorney general's explanation.
- Section 12-13-1.1 - Requirements for elections beginning in 2018.
- Section 12-13-2 - Measures and questions to be sent to official newspapers.
- Section 12-13-3 - Newspaper publication of submitted questions--Compensation--Suspension of status on failure to publish--Election valid despite refusal to publish.
- Section 12-13-4 - Lettering and numbering of submitted questions.
- Section 12-13-5 - 12-13-5 to 12-13-8.2.Repealed by SL 1994, ch 108, §2.
- Section 12-13-9 - Attorney general's statement regarding constitutional amendment proposed by legislature or referred law.
- Section 12-13-9.1 - Availability of attorney general's explanation of proposed questions.
- Section 12-13-9.2 - Action to challenge adequacy of attorney general's statement--Appeal--Time limits.
- Section 12-13-10 - 12-13-10.Repealed by SL 1974, ch 118, §200.
- Section 12-13-11 - Materials printed on ballot in lieu of full text--Separate ballot.
- Section 12-13-12 - 12-13-12 to 12-13-15.Repealed by SL 1974, ch 118, §200.
- Section 12-13-16 - Publication of false or erroneous information on constitutional amendment or submitted question as misdemeanor.
- Section 12-13-17 - 12-13-17 to 12-13-22.Repealed by SL 1974, ch 118, §200.
- Section 12-13-23 - Distribution of public information.
- Section 12-13-24 - Style, form, and wording of initiative or initiated amendment.
- Section 12-13-25 - Review and comment--Legislative Research Council--Opinion.
- Section 12-13-25.1 - Attorney general's statement--Initiated measure--Initiated amendment.
- Section 12-13-25.2 - Exception to time for director's comments.
- Section 12-13-26 - Unreviewed initiatives or initiated amendments unacceptable--Uncertified initiated amendments unacceptable.
- Section 12-13-26.1 - Initiated amendment--Written certification by secretary of state--Resubmission.
- Section 12-13-26.2 - Action to challenge the secretary of state's decision--Time limits--Promulgation of rules.
- Section 12-13-27 - Special elections for constitutional amendments--Procedural changes--Reimbursement of costs.
- Section 12-13-28 - Employment and compensation of petition circulators.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Dakota may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.