2019 South Dakota Codified Laws
Title 12 - Elections
Chapter 13 - Constitutional Amendments And Submitted Questions
- § 12-13-1 Delivery of proposed questions to county auditors--Attorney general's explanation .
- § 12-13-1.1 Requirements for elections beginning in 2018.
- § 12-13-2 Measures and questions to be sent to official newspapers.
- § 12-13-3 Newspaper publication of submitted questions--Compensation--Suspension of status on failure to publish--Election valid despite refusal to publish.
- § 12-13-4 Lettering and numbering of submitted questions.
- § 12-13-5 to 12-13-8.2. Repealed.
- § 12-13-9 Attorney general's statement regarding constitutional amendment proposed by legislature or referred law.
- § 12-13-9.1 Availability of attorney general's explanation of proposed questions.
- § 12-13-9.2 Action to challenge adequacy of attorney general's statement--Appeal--Time limits.
- § 12-13-10 Repealed.
- § 12-13-11 Materials printed on ballot in lieu of full text--Separate ballot.
- § 12-13-12 to 12-13-15. Repealed.
- § 12-13-16 Publication of false or erroneous information on constitutional amendment or submitted question as misdemeanor.
- § 12-13-17 to 12-13-22. Repealed.
- § 12-13-23 Distribution of public information.
- § 12-13-24 Style, form, and wording of initiative or initiated amendment.
- § 12-13-25 Review and comments by director of Legislative Research Council .
- § 12-13-25.1 Attorney general's statement regarding proposed initiated measure or initiated amendment to Constitution.
- § 12-13-25.2 Exception to time for director's comments.
- § 12-13-26 Unreviewed initiatives or initiated amendments unacceptable.
- § 12-13-27 Special elections for constitutional amendments--Procedural changes--Reimbursement of costs.
- § 12-13-28 Employment and compensation of petition circulators.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Dakota may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.