2019 South Dakota Codified Laws
Title 23A - Criminal Procedure
Chapter 35A - Interception Of Wire, Electronic, Or Oral Communications
- § 23A-35A-1 Definition of terms.
- § 23A-35A-2 Offenses for which order of interception of communications may be granted.
- § 23A-35A-3 Authority of attorney general or state's attorney to apply for order for interception of communications.
- § 23A-35A-4 Application to intercept communications--Form and contents.
- § 23A-35A-5 Circuit judge to authorize interception.
- § 23A-35A-6 Ex parte order authorizing wiretapping or eavesdropping--Probable cause required for entry.
- § 23A-35A-7 Contents of order.
- § 23A-35A-8 Cooperation and technical assistance required of carriers, landlords, and others--Compensation.
- § 23A-35A-9 Progress reports to issuing judge.
- § 23A-35A-10 Duration of order--Extensions.
- § 23A-35A-11 Authority for eavesdropping--Retention of orders and papers by applicant--Copy of order retained by judge.
- § 23A-35A-12 Sealing of applications and orders--Custody--Disclosure for good cause.
- § 23A-35A-13 Recording of intercepted communications if possible--Sealing of recordings.
- § 23A-35A-14 Disclosures to interested parties--Inspection of intercepted communications, application, or order--Postponement of notice.
- § 23A-35A-15 Disclosure of contents of intercepted communications among investigative or law enforcement officers.
- § 23A-35A-16 Appropriate use of contents of intercepted communication by investigative or law enforcement officer.
- § 23A-35A-17 Disclosure of contents of intercepted communication in court or grand jury proceeding.
- § 23A-35A-18 Interception of communications relating to offenses other than specified in order--Use of contents.
- § 23A-35A-19 Privileged communications.
- § 23A-35A-20 Overhearing or recording communications, conversations, or jury deliberations by means of eavesdropping device as felony.
- § 23A-35A-21 Exemptions from chapter.
- § 23A-35A-22 Use of pen register or trap and trace device without court order prohibited--Violation as misdemeanor.
- § 23A-35A-23 Application of prohibition to provider of wire or electronic communication service.
- § 23A-35A-24 Application for order authorizing use of pen register or trap and trace device.
- § 23A-35A-25 Contents of application.
- § 23A-35A-26 Issuance of ex parte order authorizing use of pen register or trap and trace device.
- § 23A-35A-27 Contents of ex parte order authorizing use of pen register or trap and trace device.
- § 23A-35A-28 Time limitation on use of pen register or trap and trace device--Extension.
- § 23A-35A-29 Order sealed--Disclosure of existence of pen register or trap and trace device prohibited.
- § 23A-35A-30 Persons required to assist installation of pen register.
- § 23A-35A-31 Installation of trap and trace device--Assistance--Results given to law enforcement officer.
- § 23A-35A-32 Reasonable compensation for assistance.
- § 23A-35A-33 Persons providing assistance immune.
- § 23A-35A-34 Good faith reliance on court order as complete defense.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Dakota may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.