2019 South Carolina Code of Laws
Title 44 - Health
Chapter 77 - Death With Dignity Act
- Section 44-77-10. Short title.
- Section 44-77-20. Definitions.
- Section 44-77-30. When life-sustaining procedures may be withheld.
- Section 44-77-40. Validity of declaration.
- Section 44-77-50. Form of declaration.
- Section 44-77-65. Supplementation of declaration under prior or foreign law with artificial nutrition and hydration instructions.
- Section 44-77-70. Ineffectiveness of declaration during course of declarant's pregnancy.
- Section 44-77-80. Revocation of declaration.
- Section 44-77-85. Agent may be appointed to effectuate declaration.
- Section 44-77-90. Reliance on declaration; presumption of good faith; immunity from liability.
- Section 44-77-100. Substitution of willing physician or health care worker for one unwilling to effectuate declaration.
- Section 44-77-110. Execution and consummation of declaration as not constituting suicide.
- Section 44-77-120. Declaration as a condition for insurance, receipt of medical treatment, or admission to hospital or nursing home.
- Section 44-77-130. Chapter not to be construed to authorize or approve mercy killing.
- Section 44-77-140. No presumption as to intent to arise from absence of declaration; other legal rights not impaired.
- Section 44-77-160. Penalties.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Carolina may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.