2017 South Carolina Code of Laws
Title 4 - Counties
CHAPTER 7 - CREATION OF NEW COUNTIES AND CONSOLIDATION OF COUNTIES
- Section 4-7-10. Certain shaped counties shall not be established.
- Section 4-7-20. Petition for formation of new counties.
- Section 4-7-30. Procedures where there is no voting place in area affected.
- Section 4-7-40. Petitioners shall deposit money to cover costs.
- Section 4-7-50. Appointment of commission.
- Section 4-7-60. Composition of commission.
- Section 4-7-70. Appointment and duties of surveyors.
- Section 4-7-80. Commission shall investigate and report facts.
- Section 4-7-90. Election for new county; time and place.
- Section 4-7-100. Conduct of election; appointment of managers.
- Section 4-7-110. Canvassing election returns and certifying results.
- Section 4-7-120. Election protests or contests.
- Section 4-7-130. General Assembly shall create new county if certain conditions are met.
- Section 4-7-140. Payment of costs by new county; tax.
- Section 4-7-150. Time between elections for new counties.
- Section 4-7-160. Procedures when citizens desire two or more counties to consolidate.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Carolina may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.