2017 South Carolina Code of Laws
Title 4 - Counties
CHAPTER 35 - COUNTY PUBLIC WORKS IMPROVEMENT ACT
- Section 4-35-10. Short title; counties authorized to exercise powers and provisions.
- Section 4-35-20. Authorizations constitute cumulative and alternative powers.
- Section 4-35-30. Definitions.
- Section 4-35-40. Powers of governing body with respect to improvements; means of financing.
- Section 4-35-50. Requisites for establishment of improvement district; power to implement and finance improvement plan.
- Section 4-35-60. Resolution describing improvement district and plan, including costs, assessments, etc.; establishing time and place of hearing.
- Section 4-35-70. Publication of resolution providing for improvement district; public hearing.
- Section 4-35-80. Improvements financed through assessments, bonds, general revenues, or combination of sources.
- Section 4-35-90. Financing discretionary with governing body; assessment rates may vary.
- Section 4-35-100. Preparation of assessment roll.
- Section 4-35-110. Notice of improvement and assessment; statement of lien; time and place for hearing; opportunity to file written objection; failure to file objection constitutes consent.
- Section 4-35-120. Hearing of objections and supporting proof; corrections to assessment; confirmation of roll; filing of copy; lien created; assessment and collection together with property taxes.
- Section 4-35-130. Mailing of notice of confirmation to persons who filed objections; appeal to court; hearing; effect.
- Section 4-35-140. Creation of improvement district by ordinance; filing.
- Section 4-35-150. Improvement ownership, removal, additions and alterations; special assessments.
- Section 4-35-160. Abolition of district; notice and hearing.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Carolina may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.