2017 South Carolina Code of Laws
Title 15 - Civil Remedies and Procedures
CHAPTER 9 - SUMMONSES, ORDERS OF PUBLICATION AND SERVICE OF PAPERS GENERALLY
ARTICLE 1 Summons Generally
- Section 15-9-15. Affidavit as proof of service by publication.
- Section 15-9-17. Service of summons, complaint or other judicial documents on Sunday.
ARTICLE 3 Personal or Substitute Service in State
- Section 15-9-210. Service of process on domestic corporations.
- Section 15-9-220. Service on corporations generally; who is deemed to be agent of railroad.
- Section 15-9-230. Service on corporations generally; qualification as to foreign corporations.
- Section 15-9-240. Service of process on authorized foreign corporation.
- Section 15-9-245. Service of process on foreign corporation not authorized to do business in state.
- Section 15-9-250. Service on foreign rural electric cooperatives.
- Section 15-9-270. Service on insurance companies.
- Section 15-9-280. Service on unauthorized insurer.
- Section 15-9-285. Service on unauthorized insurer through service on Chief Insurance Commissioner.
- Section 15-9-290. Service on unauthorized insurer; alternative method.
- Section 15-9-300. Service on unauthorized insurer; other methods of service unaffected by foregoing provisions.
- Section 15-9-310. Service on attorney of reciprocal insurance subscribers.
- Section 15-9-320. Service on joint-stock companies.
- Section 15-9-330. Service on unincorporated associations.
- Section 15-9-350. Service on Director of Department of Motor Vehicles as attorney of nonresident motorists.
- Section 15-9-360. Service on Director of Department of Motor Vehicles as attorney for nonresident motor carriers.
- Section 15-9-370. Service on nonresident motor vehicle drivers and motor carriers.
- Section 15-9-380. Procedure when nonresident motorist or motor carrier defendant does not accept and receipt for notice sent by certified mail.
- Section 15-9-390. Service on nonresident operators of aircraft.
- Section 15-9-400. Procedure when nonresident aircraft operator defendant does not accept and receipt for notice sent by certified mail.
- Section 15-9-410. Provisions as to nonresident aircraft operators are not applicable to certain air carriers.
- Section 15-9-415. Service on nonresident vessel operators.
- Section 15-9-416. Procedure when nonresident vessel operator defendant does not accept and receipt for notice sent by certified mail.
- Section 15-9-420. Service on certain traveling shows.
- Section 15-9-430. Service on nonresident directors of domestic corporations.
- Section 15-9-440. Service on trustees of inter vivos trusts.
- Section 15-9-450. Service on nonresident individual fiduciaries.
- Section 15-9-460. Service on certain nurserymen.
- Section 15-9-510. Service of legal papers on patient in state mental health facility; duties of director of facility.
ARTICLE 5 Service by Publication or Out of State
- Section 15-9-710. When service by publication may be had.
- Section 15-9-720. Service on unknown parties by publication for certain real property actions.
- Section 15-9-730. Service on certain domestic corporations by publication.
- Section 15-9-740. Publication and mailing of summons.
- Section 15-9-750. Effect of personal service out of State.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Carolina may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.