2017 South Carolina Code of Laws
Title 15 - Civil Remedies and Procedures
CHAPTER 19 - ATTACHMENT
ARTICLE 1 Issue of Attachments
- Section 15-19-10. Grounds for attachment generally.
- Section 15-19-20. Attachment in libel and slander actions against nonresidents or foreign corporations.
- Section 15-19-30. Attachment when debt is not due.
- Section 15-19-40. Persons authorized to grant attachment.
- Section 15-19-50. Affidavit required.
- Section 15-19-60. Form of affidavit.
- Section 15-19-70. Filing of affidavit and serving copies thereof.
- Section 15-19-80. Bond required before obtaining attachment.
- Section 15-19-90. Form of bond.
- Section 15-19-100. Persons to whom attachment shall be directed.
- Section 15-19-110. Issuance and form of attachment.
ARTICLE 3 Service and Subsequent Proceedings
- Section 15-19-210. Service and answer upon execution of warrant.
- Section 15-19-220. Property which is subject to attachment.
- Section 15-19-230. Duty of officer to whom warrant is delivered.
- Section 15-19-240. Attachment of real estate.
- Section 15-19-250. Effecting execution on property incapable of manual delivery.
- Section 15-19-260. Certificate of defendant's interest.
- Section 15-19-270. Duties of officer upon seizure of property.
- Section 15-19-280. Sale of personal property likely to deteriorate or expensive to keep.
- Section 15-19-290. Proceedings on claim of third person.
- Section 15-19-300. Discharge or return of property on defendant's appearance.
- Section 15-19-310. Undertaking on part of defendant.
- Section 15-19-320. Maximum undertaking in certain actions.
- Section 15-19-330. Undertaking when property of one of several defendants is attached.
- Section 15-19-340. Motion by owner to discharge attachment.
- Section 15-19-350. Satisfying judgment for plaintiff.
- Section 15-19-360. Satisfying judgment for plaintiff; proceedings after six months or when automobile has been attached.
- Section 15-19-370. Disposition of residue when judgment is paid.
- Section 15-19-380. Proceedings by plaintiff instead of sheriff or constable.
- Section 15-19-390. Proceedings on judgment for defendant.
- Section 15-19-400. Time when sheriff or constable shall return attachment.
ARTICLE 5 Attachments in Actions for Purchase Money
- Section 15-19-510. Authorization and issuance.
- Section 15-19-520. Plaintiff's undertaking; contents of warrant.
- Section 15-19-530. Effecting attachment.
- Section 15-19-540. Lien of attachment.
- Section 15-19-550. Further proceedings.
- Section 15-19-560. Verdict or decision shall state whether amount found is for purchase money; order of sale.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Carolina may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.