2013 South Carolina Code of Laws
Title 12 - Taxation
CHAPTER 24 - DEED RECORDING FEE
SECTION 12-24-90. Fee calculation.
(A) The fee imposed by this chapter is composed of two fees as follows:
(1) a state fee equal to one dollar thirty cents for each five hundred dollars, or fractional part of five hundred dollars, of the realty's value; and
(2) a county fee equal to fifty-five cents for each five hundred dollars, or fractional part of five hundred dollars, of the realty's value.
(B) The state fee must be credited as follows:
(1) ten cents of each one dollar thirty cents into the Heritage Land Trust Fund;
(2) twenty cents of each one dollar thirty cents into the South Carolina Housing Trust Fund; and
(3) one dollar of each one dollar thirty cents into the general fund of the State.
(C) The county fee must be credited to the general fund of the county.
HISTORY: 1996 Act No. 458, Part II, Section 57A.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Carolina may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.