2012 South Carolina Code of Laws
ARTICLE 1 HANDGUNS
Title 16 - Crimes and Offenses
Chapter 23 - OFFENSES INVOLVING WEAPONS
- Section 16-23-10 - Definitions.
- Section 16-23-20 - Unlawful carrying of handgun; exceptions.
- Section 16-23-30 - Sale or delivery of handgun to and possession by certain persons unlawful; stolen handguns.
- Section 16-23-50 - Penalties; disposition of fines; forfeiture and disposition of handguns.
- Section 16-23-55 - Procedure for returning found handgun.
- Section 16-23-60 - Construction.
- Section 16-23-210 - Definitions.
- Section 16-23-220 - Unlawful transportation of machine gun, military firearm, or sawed-off shotgun or rifle within State.
- Section 16-23-230 - Unlawful storing, keeping, or possessing of machine gun, military firearm, or sawed-off shotgun or rifle.
- Section 16-23-240 - Unlawful sale, rental, or giving away of machine gun, military firearm, or sawed-off shotgun or rifle; exceptions.
- Section 16-23-250 - Exceptions to application of article.
- Section 16-23-260 - Penalties.
- Section 16-23-270 - Article not applicable to antique firearms.
- Section 16-23-280 - Manufacture and sale of machine guns by licensed manufacturer.
- Section 16-23-405 - Definition of "weapon"; confiscation and disposition of weapons used in commission or in furtherance of crime.
- Section 16-23-410 - Pointing firearm at any person.
- Section 16-23-415 - Taking firearm or other weapon from law enforcement officer.
- Section 16-23-420 - Possession of firearm on school property; concealed weapons.
- Section 16-23-430 - Carrying weapon on school property; concealed weapons.
- Section 16-23-440 - Discharging firearms at or into dwellings, structures, enclosures, vehicles or equipment; penalties.
- Section 16-23-450 - Placing loaded trap gun, spring gun or like device.
- Section 16-23-460 - Carrying concealed weapons; forfeiture of weapons.
- Section 16-23-465 - Additional penalty for unlawfully carrying pistol or firearm onto premises of business selling alcoholic liquors, beers or wines for on-premises consumption.
- Section 16-23-470 - Illegal possession of tear-gas gun or ammunition.
- Section 16-23-480 - Manufacture or possession of article designed to cause damage by fire or other means.
- Section 16-23-490 - Additional punishment for possession of firearm or knife during commission of, or attempt to commit, violent crime.
- Section 16-23-500 - Unlawful possession of a firearm by a person convicted of violent offense; confiscation.
- Section 16-23-520 - Use, transportation, manufacture, possession, purchase, or sale of teflon-coated ammunition.
- Section 16-23-530 - Firearms; possession by or sale to unlawful alien; penalties.
- Section 16-23-710 - Definitions.
- Section 16-23-715 - Possession, threatened or attempted use of weapon of mass destruction for act of terrorism; penalty.
- Section 16-23-720 - Use, counseling or soliciting others to use, possessing, or threatening to use destructive device; harboring terrorist.
- Section 16-23-730 - Hoax device or replica of destructive device or detonator; manufacture, possession or transport of; threat to use; penalties.
- Section 16-23-740 - Hindering explosive ordinance technician or law enforcement official while detecting or disarming destructive device; penalty.
- Section 16-23-750 - Conveying false information regarding attempted use of a destructive device; aiding or conspiring; penalty.
- Section 16-23-760 - Admissibility of photographic evidence of destructive devices; custody of inert devices introduced into evidence.
- Section 16-23-770 - Forfeiture of property used or intended for use in violation of article; storage and destruction; exceptions.
- Section 16-23-780 - Reporting existence and location of destructive device or weapon of mass destruction.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Carolina may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.