There is a newer version of this Chapter
2018 Rhode Island General Laws
Title 33 - Probate practice and procedure
Chapter 33-15.1 Guardianship of Minors
- Section 33-15.1-1 Parents as joint natural guardians - Releases.
- Section 33-15.1-2 Guardianship for education - Educational advocates for children with disabilities under the care and custody of the state.
- Section 33-15.1-3 No preference between parents.
- Section 33-15.1-4 Power of probate court to appoint guardians.
- Section 33-15.1-4.1 Repealed.
- Section 33-15.1-5 Appointment of guardians for minors.
- Section 33-15.1-6 Appointment in lieu of guardian nominated by minor.
- Section 33-15.1-7 Testamentary appointment of guardian for minor children.
- Section 33-15.1-8 Nonresident as guardian of minor.
- Section 33-15.1-9 Guardian of estate of nonresident.
- Section 33-15.1-10 Notice on ward for appointment of guardian of person.
- Section 33-15.1-11 Notice to spouse, children or heirs at law of ward.
- Section 33-15.1-12 Expense of prosecuting or defending against petition.
- Section 33-15.1-13 Exemption of welfare agencies from costs and bond.
- Section 33-15.1-14 Appointment of temporary guardian.
- Section 33-15.1-15 Tenure of temporary guardian.
- Section 33-15.1-16 Powers of temporary guardian - Bond.
- Section 33-15.1-17 Inventory and appraisement of estate.
- Section 33-15.1-18 Statements of claims against estate.
- Section 33-15.1-19 Demands payable in future.
- Section 33-15.1-20 Addresses of creditors - Affidavit to support claim.
- Section 33-15.1-21 Application of personal property to debts - Priority of claims.
- Section 33-15.1-22 Application of property to debts contracted during minority.
- Section 33-15.1-23 Sale or mortgage of real estate.
- Section 33-15.1-24 Sale of personal property.
- Section 33-15.1-25 Notice of disallowance of claims.
- Section 33-15.1-26 Period after notice of claims disallowances during which actions barred - Amount to which creditor entitled - Service on guardian.
- Section 33-15.1-27 Investment of surplus funds - Relief from bond requirements.
- Section 33-15.1-28 General duties with respect to person and estate.
- Section 33-15.1-29 Annual account.
- Section 33-15.1-30 Responsibility of guardians for education of minors.
- Section 33-15.1-31 Powers of guardian with respect to corporate stock.
- Section 33-15.1-32 Support of dependents for whom ward has no legal obligation to provide.
- Section 33-15.1-33 Appeal to supreme court from proceedings under § 33-15.1-32.
- Section 33-15.1-34 Applicability of §§ 33-15.1-32 and 33-15.1-33.
- Section 33-15.1-35 Removal of property by nonresident guardian.
- Section 33-15.1-36 Order to resident guardian to deliver property to nonresident guardian.
- Section 33-15.1-37 Removal of guardian - Resignation.
- Section 33-15.1-38 Allowances to guardians.
- Section 33-15.1-39 Action on guardian's bond.
- Section 33-15.1-40 Rights of parents or guardian to have children tested for substance abuse - Admissibility of results.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Rhode Island may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.