2017 Rhode Island General Laws
Title 8 - Courts and Civil Procedure–Courts
Chapter 8-9 - Probate Courts
- Section 8-9-1. , 8-9-2 - Repealed..
- Section 8-9-2.1 - Probate judges - Qualifications.
- Section 8-9-2.2 - New Shoreham town council as probate court.
- Section 8-9-2.3 - Probate judge in town where council sits as probate court.
- Section 8-9-3 - Providence probate court.
- Section 8-9-4 - Election and powers of probate judge.
- Section 8-9-5 - Disqualification or inability of probate judge.
- Section 8-9-6 - Town or city clerk as clerk of court.
- Section 8-9-7 - Duties of probate clerk.
- Section 8-9-8 - Clerk pro tempore in absence of probate clerk.
- Section 8-9-9 - General probate jurisdiction.
- Section 8-9-10 - Appointment and supervision of temporary custodians of decedents' estates.
- Section 8-9-11 - Power to take probate and grant administration of decedents' estates.
- Section 8-9-12 - Payment of legacies.
- Section 8-9-13 - Revocation or modification of warrants and commissions.
- Section 8-9-14 - Revocation or modification of orders or decrees.
- Section 8-9-15 - Annulment of probate of will.
- Section 8-9-16 - Confirmation of prior acts and proceedings.
- Section 8-9-17 - Power to summon and receive evidence.
- Section 8-9-17.1 - Subpoenas issued by other officials.
- Section 8-9-18 - Judicial aid in taking possession of property of estates.
- Section 8-9-19 - Expense of commitment for failure to deliver property of estate.
- Section 8-9-20 - Right to counsel of person suspected of withholding property.
- Section 8-9-21 - Contempt of court - Habeas corpus.
- Section 8-9-22 - Presumption of death from sea disaster.
- Section 8-9-23 - Missing person - Presumption of death.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Rhode Island may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.