2017 Rhode Island General Laws
Title 8 - Courts and Civil Procedure–Courts
Chapter 8-5 - Court Secretaries, Court Reporters, and Electronic Court Reporters
- Section 8-5-1 - Supreme court secretary and assistant.
- Section 8-5-2 - Superior court secretary and assistants.
- Section 8-5-3 - Appointment of superior court reporters and electronic court reporters.
- Section 8-5-4 - Court reporters and electronic court reporters - Supplies and preservation of notes and other materials.
- Section 8-5-4.1 - Freelance court reporters and electronic court reporters.
- Section 8-5-5 - Reports of superior, family and district court and traffic tribunal.
- Section 8-5-6 - Appointing court reporter and electronic court reporter for grand jury proceedings.
- Section 8-5-7 - Appropriations for court reporters and electronic court reporters.
- Section 8-5-8 - Sign language interpreters/transliterators and Communication Access Realtime Translation (CART) providers for deaf, hard of hearing, and deaf-blind persons.
- Section 8-5-8.1 - Waiver of interpreter/transliterator and CART provider.
- Section 8-5-8.2 - Privileged communications.
- Section 8-5-8.3 - Visual recording of testimony.
- Section 8-5-9 - Right to stenographic record.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Rhode Island may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.