2017 Rhode Island General Laws
Title 8 - Courts and Civil Procedure–Courts
Chapter 8-16 - Commission on Judicial Tenure and Discipline
- Section 8-16-1 - Composition - Appointment.
- Section 8-16-2 - Terms of the commissioners.
- Section 8-16-3 - Meetings of the commission - Compensation.
- Section 8-16-4 - Employment of personnel - Investigation of unfitness.
- Section 8-16-4.1 - Subpoena powers of commission.
- Section 8-16-4.2 - Discovery.
- Section 8-16-4.3 - Compelling evidence in commission proceedings - Immunity.
- Section 8-16-5 - Certification of recommendations to supreme court.
- Section 8-16-6 - Review of commission's recommendations by supreme court.
- Section 8-16-6.1 - Suspension of judge pending review.
- Section 8-16-7 - Power of the supreme court to discipline, suspend, or remove judges.
- Section 8-16-7.1 - Confidentiality of supreme court review of recommendation of private reprimand.
- Section 8-16-8 - Discipline of judges upon indictment or conviction for a crime.
- Section 8-16-9 - Retirement of judges for incapacity or disability.
- Section 8-16-10 - Disqualification from acting as a commissioner.
- Section 8-16-11 - Papers and testimony privileged.
- Section 8-16-12 - Rules of practice and procedure - Confidentiality of proceedings.
- Section 8-16-13 - Closed meetings of the commission - Public hearings - Evidence to remain confidential until made public at hearing.
- Section 8-16-13.1 - Related judicial proceedings - Confidentiality.
- Section 8-16-14 - Reasonable counsel fees.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Rhode Island may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.