2017 Rhode Island General Laws
Title 4 - Animals and Animal Husbandry
Chapter 4-4 - Animal Diseases in General
- Section 4-4-1 - Appointment of inspectors to inspect diseased animals - Quarantine - Veterinarians.
- Section 4-4-1.1 - Animals defined.
- Section 4-4-2 - Compensation of commissioners and veterinarians - Duties - Removal.
- Section 4-4-3 - Reporting of diseased animals - Destruction.
- Section 4-4-4 - Repealed.
- Section 4-4-5 - Right of entry where disease suspected.
- Section 4-4-6 - Repealed.
- Section 4-4-7 - Compensation for condemned equine animals.
- Section 4-4-8 - Exposure of diseased animals to contact with healthy animals.
- Section 4-4-9 - Sale, use, or exposure of diseased animals - Refusal to destroy.
- Section 4-4-10 - Sale of diseased or disabled animals.
- Section 4-4-11 - Interference with enforcement - Violation of quarantine.
- Section 4-4-12 - Cooperation with federal government in suppression of diseases.
- Section 4-4-13 - Powers of federal and state inspectors - Assistance by peace officers.
- Section 4-4-14 - State immunity.
- Section 4-4-15 - Cooperation in federal Bang's disease plan.
- Section 4-4-16 - Compensation for animals killed in Bang's disease program.
- Section 4-4-17 - Importation or exposure of diseased animals.
- Section 4-4-18 - City and town ordinances.
- Section 4-4-19 - Orders prohibiting importation of animals.
- Section 4-4-20 - Publication of information on diseases.
- Section 4-4-21 - Inspectors on roads and railroads.
- Section 4-4-22 - Sale of infected animals or milk.
- Section 4-4-23 - Regulations for suppression of disease.
- Section 4-4-24 - State rules paramount to local.
- Section 4-4-25 - Signature of orders and notices.
- Section 4-4-26 - Limitation of prosecutions.
- Section 4-4-27 - Certification of turtles as free of salmonellosis required.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Rhode Island may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.