2017 Rhode Island General Laws
Title 4 - Animals and Animal Husbandry
Chapter 4-19 - Animal Care
- Section 4-19-1 - Purpose.
- Section 4-19-2 - Definitions.
- Section 4-19-3 - Registration of municipal dog pounds.
- Section 4-19-4 - Registration of animal shelters, rescues, and brokers.
- Section 4-19-5 - Pet shop licenses.
- Section 4-19-5.1 - Breeder licenses.
- Section 4-19-6 - Public auction and kennel licenses.
- Section 4-19-7 - Dealer licenses.
- Section 4-19-8 - Denial of certificates of registration or licenses.
- Section 4-19-9 - Operation as a pet shop, kennel, breeder or public auction without a license.
- Section 4-19-10 - Dealing in animals without a license.
- Section 4-19-11 - Mistreatment of animals.
- Section 4-19-11.1 - Repealed.
- Section 4-19-11.2 - Destruction of animals - Reporting.
- Section 4-19-11.3 - Penalty for violations.
- Section 4-19-12 - Disposition of animals.
- Section 4-19-12.1 - Public health exemptions.
- Section 4-19-13 - Rules and regulations.
- Section 4-19-14 - Chapter inapplicable.
- Section 4-19-15 - Access of inspectors to property.
- Section 4-19-16 - Mandatory spaying and neutering of dogs and cats adopted from a licensed releasing agency.
- Section 4-19-17 - Forfeited fees.
- Section 4-19-18 - Penalties for violations.
- Section 4-19-19 - Adoption of municipal ordinances.
- Section 4-19-20 - Severability.
- Section 4-19-21 - Use of the terms owner or guardian.
- Section 4-19-22 - Animal control officers.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Rhode Island may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.