2017 Rhode Island General Laws
Title 23 - Health and Safety
Chapter 23-3 - Vital Records
- Section 23-3-1 - Definitions.
- Section 23-3-2 - Division of vital records and statewide system.
- Section 23-3-3 - Rules and regulations.
- Section 23-3-4 - Appointment of state registrar of vital records.
- Section 23-3-5 - Duties of state registrar of vital records.
- Section 23-3-5.1 - Transfer of public historical documents.
- Section 23-3-6 - Local registrars.
- Section 23-3-7 - Duties of local registrars.
- Section 23-3-8 - Compensation of local registrars.
- Section 23-3-9 - Form of certificates.
- Section 23-3-10 - Birth registration.
- Section 23-3-10.1 - Certificates of birth - Social security numbers.
- Section 23-3-10.2 - Certificates of birth resulting in stillbirth - Filing.
- Section 23-3-11 - Infants of unknown parentage - Foundling registration.
- Section 23-3-12 - Delayed registration of births.
- Section 23-3-12A - Delayed registration of death and marriage.
- Section 23-3-13 - Judicial procedure to establish facts of birth.
- Section 23-3-14 - Court reports of adoption.
- Section 23-3-15 - New certificates of birth following adoption - Legitimation and paternity determination.
- Section 23-3-15.1 - New certificates of birth following foreign adoption - Exempt from judicial proceedings.
- Section 23-3-16 - Death registration.
- Section 23-3-17 - Fetal death registration.
- Section 23-3-18 - Permits.
- Section 23-3-19 - Extension of time.
- Section 23-3-20 - Court reports of divorce.
- Section 23-3-21 - Correction and amendment of vital records.
- Section 23-3-22 - Reproduction of records.
- Section 23-3-23 - Disclosure of records.
- Section 23-3-24 - Copies of data from vital records.
- Section 23-3-24.1 - Native Americans - Certified copies of birth records.
- Section 23-3-25 - Fees for copies and searches.
- Section 23-3-25.1 - Veterans' exemption for fees for copies and searches.
- Section 23-3-26 - Persons required to keep records.
- Section 23-3-27 - Duties to furnish information relative to vital events.
- Section 23-3-28 - Penalties.
- Section 23-3-29 - Division of vital records and state registrar of vital records.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Rhode Island may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.