2017 Rhode Island General Laws
Title 23 - Health and Safety
Chapter 23-4 - Office of State Medical Examiners
- Section 23-4-1 - Definitions.
- Section 23-4-2 - Establishment of office.
- Section 23-4-3 - Functions.
- Section 23-4-4 - Jurisdiction.
- Section 23-4-4.1 - Procedure for performance of autopsies against a family's religious beliefs.
- Section 23-4-5 - Chief medical examiner - Assistants and other staff.
- Section 23-4-6 - State medical examiners commission.
- Section 23-4-7 - Reporting of certain deaths required - Violations - Penalties.
- Section 23-4-8 - Procedure for investigation of deaths.
- Section 23-4-9 - Deaths in public places.
- Section 23-4-10 - Disposition of deceased bodies.
- Section 23-4-11 - Effects and property of deceased.
- Section 23-4-12 - Compensation for recovery of body from water.
- Section 23-4-13 - Establishment of fees.
- Section 23-4-14 - Preservation of reports - Tabular reports.
- Section 23-4-14.1 - Repealed.
- Section 23-4-15 - Morgue.
- Section 23-4-16 - Uniform determination of death.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Rhode Island may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.