2017 Rhode Island General Laws
Title 23 - Health and Safety
Chapter 23-1.1 - Division of Occupational Health
Section 23-1.1-1 - Definitions.
§ 23-1.1-1. Definitions.
When used in this chapter:
(1) "Code" means a standard body of rules for safety and health formulated, adopted, and issued by the commission under the provisions of this chapter.
(2) "Director" means the director of health or his or her duly authorized representative.
(3) "Employ" means the use of any services of an employee for compensation and includes to suffer or permit to work.
(4) "Employee" means an individual who is employed by an employer.
(5) "Employer" means a person, firm, corporation, partnership, association, receiver, or trustee in bankruptcy having one or more persons in his, her, or its employ, a state agency, or an agency of a political subdivision of the state, or any person acting directly or indirectly in the interest of an employer.
History of Section.
(P.L. 1973, ch. 261, § 1.)