2010 Pennsylvania Code
Title 18 - CRIMES AND OFFENSES
Chapter 57 - Wiretapping and Electronic Surveillance
Subchapter A. General Provisions
Subchapter B. Wire, Electronic or Oral Communication
- 5703 - Interception, disclosure or use of wire, electronic or oral communications.
- 5704 - Exceptions to prohibition of interception and disclosure of communications.
- 5705 - Possession, sale, distribution, manufacture or advertisement of electronic, mechanical or other devices.
- 5706 - Exceptions to prohibitions in possession, sale, distribution, manufacture or advertisement of electronic, mechanical or other devices.
- 5707 - Seizure and forfeiture of electronic, mechanical or other devices.
- 5708 - Order authorizing interception of wire, electronic or oral communications.
- 5709 - Application for order.
- 5710 - Grounds for entry of order.
- 5711 - Privileged communications.
- 5712 - Issuance of order and effect.
- 5713 - Emergency situations.
- 5713.1 - Emergency hostage and barricade situations.
- 5714 - Recording of intercepted communications.
- 5715 - Sealing of applications, orders and supporting papers.
- 5716 - Service of inventory and inspection of intercepted communications.
- 5717 - Investigative disclosure or use of contents of wire, electronic or oral communications or derivative evidence.
- 5718 - Interception of communications relating to other offenses.
- 5719 - Unlawful use or disclosure of existence of order concerning intercepted communication.
- 5720 - Service of copy of order and application before disclosure of intercepted communication in trial, hearing or proceeding.
- 5721 - Suppression of contents of intercepted communication or derivative evidence (Repealed).
- 5721.1 - Evidentiary disclosure of contents of intercepted communication or derivative evidence.
- 5722 - Report by issuing or denying judge.
- 5723 - Annual reports and records of Attorney General and district attorneys.
- 5724 - Training.
- 5725 - Civil action for unlawful interception, disclosure or use of wire, electronic or oral communication.
- 5726 - Action for removal from office or employment.
- 5727 - Expiration (Repealed).
- 5728 - Injunction against illegal interception.
Subchapter C. Stored Wire and Electronic Communications and Transactional Records Access
- 5741 - Unlawful access to stored communications.
- 5742 - Disclosure of contents and records.
- 5743 - Requirements for governmental access.
- 5744 - Backup preservation.
- 5745 - Delayed notice.
- 5746 - Cost reimbursement.
- 5747 - Civil action.
- 5748 - Exclusivity of remedies.
- 5749 - Retention of certain records.
Subchapter D. Mobile Tracking Devices
Subchapter E. Pen Registers, Trap and Trace Devices and Telecommunication Identification Interception Devices
- 5771 - General prohibition on use of certain devices and exception.
- 5772 - Application for an order for use of certain devices.
- 5773 - Issuance of an order for use of certain devices.
- 5774 - Assistance in installation and use of certain devices.
- 5775 - Reports concerning certain devices.
Subchapter F. Miscellaneous
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Pennsylvania may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.