2018 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 70. Schools
§70-3230.3. Duties and responsibilities.
A. The Oklahoma EPSCoR Advisory Committee shall recommend to the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education EPSCoR research projects requiring state matching funds and other research and systemic initiatives as requested by the Regents.
B. The Committee shall have the duty and responsibility of:
1. Promoting cooperative research efforts among public and private universities in Oklahoma;
2. Promoting private sector involvement in university research and encouraging technology transfer;
3. Promoting human resource development in science and engineering within The Oklahoma State System of Higher Education;
4. Selecting specific research projects for submission in response to solicitations by EPSCoR Programs administered by federal agencies, which include but are not limited to the National Science Foundation, the Department of Defense, the Environmental Protection Agency, the Department of Energy, the Department of Commerce, the National Aeronautics and Space Administration, the United States Department of Agriculture, and the National Institutes of Health, (NIH), including the NIH IDeA Program for which a limited number of projects may be submitted by the State of Oklahoma;
5. Appointing the Oklahoma State EPSCoR Director; and
6. Undertaking other efforts as appropriate.
Added by Laws 2000, c. 375, § 3, eff. July 1, 2000.