2018 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 70. Schools
§70-3230.2. Committee appointments – Compensation – Travel reimbursement.
A. The Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education shall appoint members to the Oklahoma EPSCoR Advisory Committee that include:
1. Representatives of the state’s universities and colleges;
2. Representatives of private research entities located in Oklahoma;
3. Representatives of private business;
4. Residents of Oklahoma whose contribution will enhance the goals of the Committee; and
5. A representative of the Oklahoma Center for the Advancement of Science and Technology.
B. The membership of the Committee shall also include:
1. One member of the Governor’s staff to be appointed by the Governor;
2. One member of the State Senate to be appointed by the President Pro Tempore of the Senate; and
3. One member of the House of Representatives to be appointed by the Speaker of the House of Representatives.
C. The Regents shall ensure that the membership of the Committee complies with requirements and guidelines of the appropriate federal agencies.
D. Members of the Committee shall not receive compensation for serving on the Committee, but may receive travel reimbursement as follows:
1. Legislative members of the Committee may be reimbursed for their necessary travel expenses incurred in the performance of their duties in accordance with Section 456 of Title 74 of the Oklahoma Statutes from the legislative body in which they serve;
2. State agency employees who are members of the Committee shall be reimbursed for travel expenses incurred in the performance of their duties by their respective agencies in accordance with the State Travel Reimbursement Act; and
3. All other Committee members may be reimbursed for travel expenses incurred in the performance of their duties by the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education in accordance with the State Travel Reimbursement Act.
Added by Laws 2000, c. 375, § 2, eff. July 1, 2000.