2018 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 70. Schools
For purposes of the Oklahoma Advanced Placement Incentive Program:
1. “Advanced placement course” means a high school level preparatory course for a college advanced placement test that incorporates all topics specified by the College Board and the Educational Testing Service on its standard syllabus for a given subject area and is approved by the College Board;
2. “Preadvanced placement course” means a middle school, junior high school, or high school level course that specifically prepares students to enroll and participate in an advanced placement course;
3. “Advanced placement vertical team” means a group of middle school or junior high school and high school educators in a given discipline who work cooperatively to develop and implement a vertically aligned program aimed at helping students acquire the academic skills necessary for success in the advanced placement program;
4. “Advanced placement test” means the advanced placement test administered by the College Board and Educational Testing Service;
5. “International Baccalaureate course” means a high school level preparatory course for an International Baccalaureate examination that incorporates each topic specified by the International Baccalaureate Organization on its standard syllabus for a particular subject area;
6. “International Baccalaureate examination” means the International Baccalaureate examination administered by the International Baccalaureate Organization;
7. “College Board” means the College Board and Educational Testing Service;
8. “Department” means the State Department of Education; and
9. “Program” means the Oklahoma Advanced Placement Incentive Program.
Added by Laws 1997, c. 355, § 2, eff. July 1, 1997. Amended by Laws 2000, c. 312, § 2, eff. July 1, 2000.