2018 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 70. Schools
§70-1210.701. Administration of program.
A. The State Board of Education shall promulgate rules to establish the Oklahoma Advanced Placement Incentive Program, to be administered by the State Department of Education. The purpose of the program is to establish, organize, and administer a program designed to improve the course offerings available to high school students throughout the state and to prepare students for admission to and success in a postsecondary educational environment. The Oklahoma Advanced Placement Incentive Program shall consist of the following components:
1. Financial assistance to public school teachers and schools to build and maintain successful Advanced Placement Programs; and
2. Test fee assistance to public school students who are in financial need or who take more than one advanced placement test in one (1) year.
B. On or before October 1 of each year, the State Department of Education shall issue to the Governor and members of the Senate and House of Representatives Education Committees a report on the Advanced Placement Incentive Program for the previous school year which shall include, but is not limited to:
1. The number of students taking an advanced placement exam and the number of exams taken;
2. The number of exams that receive a score of three or better;
3. The number of school sites which have received funding and the amount of awards, by type of award;
4. The number of school sites offering advanced placement courses and the number of school sites with students taking an advanced placement exam;
5. The number of students who receive assistance with the test fee and the average amount of assistance; and
6. An evaluation of the cost versus the benefits of this program.
Added by Laws 1997, c. 355, § 1, eff. July 1, 1997. Amended by Laws 2000, c. 312, § 1, eff. July 1, 2000; Laws 2001, c. 123, § 1, eff. July 1, 2001.