2006 Ohio Revised Code - 101.87. Effective until 12-31-10.
(A) After the completion of the evaluation of all agencies under section 101.86 of the Revised Code, the sunset review committee shall prepare and publish a report of its findings and recommendations. The committee shall furnish a copy of the report to the president of the senate, the speaker of the house of representatives, the governor, and each affected agency. The report shall be made available to the public in the offices of the house and senate clerks during reasonable hours. As part of the report, the committee shall recommend to the general assembly, in bill form, one or more of the following:
(1) Amendment or repeal of the statutes that created and empowered an agency, to abolish or terminate the agency;
(2) Amendment or repeal of the statutes that created and empowered an agency, or enactment of new statutes, to terminate the agency, to transfer the agency, or to improve the agency's usefulness, performance, or effectiveness;
(3) Amendment or repeal of the statutes that created and empowered two or more agencies, or enactment of new statutes, to reorganize or transfer them and thereby improve agency usefulness, performance, or effectiveness;
(4) Amendment or continuation of the statutes that created and empowered an agency, or enactment of new statutes, to renew the agency.
(B) Recommendations made by the committee shall indicate how or whether their implementation will do each of the following:
(1) Promote economy in the operation of state government;
(2) Improve efficiency in the management of state government;
(3) Improve services rendered to citizens of the state;
(4) Simplify and improve preparation of the state budget;
(5) Conserve the natural resources of the state;
(6) Promote the orderly growth of the state and its government;
(7) Improve the effectiveness of the services performed by the service departments of the state, including the office of budget and management and the department of administrative services;
(8) Avoid duplication of effort by state agencies;
(9) Improve the organization and coordination of the state government in one or more of the ways listed in divisions (B)(1) to (8) of this section.
(C) The office of budget and management, department of administrative services, auditor of state, legislative service commission, and any other state agency shall supply, upon the committee's request, the committee with material, information, and reports needed for the preparation of the report and its recommendations.
HISTORY: 148 v H 548. Eff 3-22-2001./D
Å The effective date of section 1 of HB 548 (148 v - ) differs from the effective date set for the section by section 12 of the act. See the provisions of OConst art
1c and d.
Not analogous to former RC § 101.87 (145 v S 226, § 1), repealed 145 v S 226, § 3, eff 1-1-97. See now RC § 101.84.
The provisions of § 12 of HB 548 (148 v - ) read as follows:
SECTION 12. Sections 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11 of this act shall take effect on January 1, 2001.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Ohio may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.