2012 North Carolina General Statutes
Chapter 114 - Department of Justice.
Article 1 - Attorney General.
- Section 114-1 - Creation of Department of Justice under supervision of Attorney General.
- Section 114-1.1 - Common-law powers.
- Section 114-2 - Duties.
- Section 114-2.1 - Consent judgments.
- Section 114-2.2 - Attorney General to approve consent judgments.
- Section 114-2.3 - Use of private counsel limited.
- Section 114-2.4 - Attorney General to render opinion on settlement agreements.
- Section 114-2.5 - Attorney General to report payment of public monies pursuant to settlement agreements and final court orders.
- Section 114-2.5A - Report by the Medicaid Fraud Control Unit required annually.
- Section 114-2.6 - Attorney General to report on pending lawsuits in which State is a party.
- Section 114-2.7 - Reporting system and database on certain domestic-violence-related homicides; reports by law enforcement agencies required; annual report to the General Assembly.
- Section 114-3 - To devote whole time to duties.
- Section 114-4 - Assistants; compensation; assignments.
- Section 114-4.1 - Repealed by Session Laws 1973, c. 702, s. 4.
- Section 114-4.2 - Assistant attorneys general and other attorneys to assist Department of Transportation.
- Section 114-4.2A - Assistant attorney general assigned to State Insurance Department.
- Section 114-4.2B - Employment of attorney for University of North Carolina Hospitals at Chapel Hill.
- Section 114-4.2C - Employment of attorney for the Real Estate Commission.
- Section 114-4.2D - Employment of attorney for Energy Policy Council and Energy Efficiency Program of the Department of Commerce.
- Section 114-4.2E - Repealed by Session Laws 1981, c. 859, s. 13.10, effective July 1, 1981.
- Section 114-4.2F - Designation of attorney specializing in the law of the handicapped.
- Section 114-4.2G - Repealed by Session Laws 2002-168, s. 6, effective October 1, 2002.
- Section 114-4.3 - Repealed by Session Laws 1973, c. 702, s. 7.
- Section 114-4.4 - Deputy attorneys general.
- Section 114-5 - Additional clerical help.
- Section 114-6 - Duties of Attorney General as to civil litigation.
- Section 114-6.1 - Biannual reporting on attorney activity.
- Section 114-7 - Salary of the Attorney General.
- Section 114-8 - Repealed by Session Laws 1969, c. 44, s. 89.
- Section 114-8.1 - Attorney General interns.
- Section 114-8.2 - Charges for legal services.
- Section 114-8.3 - Attorney General to review certain contracts.
- Section 114-8.4 - Legislative assistance to agencies and local governments.
- Section 114-8.5 - Itemized billing for legal services provided to State agencies.
- Section 114-8.6 - Reserved for future codification purposes.
- Section 114-8.7 - Reserved for future codification purposes.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. North Carolina may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.