2020 New York Laws
MHY - Mental Hygiene
Title D - Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Act
Article 19 - Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse
19.28 - Receipt and Disbursement of Federal Funds.

§ 19.28 Receipt and disbursement of federal funds.

(a) The commissioner may receive, use, or distribute federal financial or technical assistance to support construction of facilities, research, staffing, or other programs or activities for alcoholism, substance abuse, or chemical dependence services, appropriated under federal legislation or regulations or under other federal legislation or regulations which provide assistance to the mentally disabled, including but not limited to vocational rehabilitation programs, alcoholism programs, substance abuse programs, poverty programs, or special programs for children or the aged.

(b) The commissioner may promulgate rules and regulations relating to the commissioner's powers and duties to implement any provision of state or federal law involving the receipt, use or disbursement of federal financial or technical assistance.

(c) The department of taxation and finance shall be the custodian of federal financial assistance granted or allocated to the office by the United States. These funds shall be paid out on the audit and warrant of the comptroller on the certificate of the commissioner, or his or her authorized representative.

(d) Subject to the rules and regulations of the commissioner, any funds made available to the office by the United States or by another state agency as a federal allotment to be administered by the office may be disbursed by it to a local government, voluntary nonprofit agency, educational agency, or other entity properly authorized to receive funds in fulfillment of the purposes of appropriate federal or state legislation for the provision of services, construction of facilities, research, staffing, training or related programs or activities.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New York may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.