2016 New York Laws
RCO - Religious Corporations
Article 13 - (Religious Corporations) Spiritualist Churches.
263 - Incorporation of unincorporated Spiritualist churches and system of incorporation and government.
263. Incorporation of unincorporated Spiritualist churches and system of incorporation and government. A meeting for the purpose of incorporating an unincorporated Spiritualist church in connection with the General Assembly of Spiritualists must be called and held in pursuance of the provisions of this article:
1. The notice and call of such meeting shall be in writing and shall state in substance, that a meeting of such unincorporated church will be held at its usual place of worship at a specified day and hour for the purpose of incorporating such church and designating trustees thereof.
2. The notice must be signed at least by seven persons of full age who are then members in good and regular standing of such church by admission into full membership therewith, in accordance with the rules and regulations of such church, and who have in good faith expressed in open meeting their belief in the tenets of faith adopted by the General Assembly of Spiritualists.
3. The notice must have endorsed thereon the approval of the body of the General Assembly of Spiritualists governing the admission of churches.
4. A copy of such notice with the approval endorsed thereon shall be publicly read at a regular meeting of such unincorporated church for public worship, on the two successive Sundays immediately preceding the meeting by any person qualified to sign such notice.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New York may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.