2015 New York Laws
LAB - Labor
Article 13 - (Labor) INDUSTRIAL HOMEWORK
354 - Conditions of manufacture.
354. Conditions of manufacture. 1. No person other than a person resident therein shall carry on industrial homework on any article in a home except as otherwise provided for under section three hundred fifty-one, subdivision two, paragraph b.
2. No person shall carry on industrial homework except in accordance with this article.
3. No child shall be employed in manufacture in a home except in accordance with articles four and five of this chapter.
4. No employer having an employer's permit shall deliver or cause to be delivered or received any articles for or as a result of homework manufacture unless he shall keep in such form and forward to the commissioner at such intervals as he may by regulation prescribe and on such blanks as he may provide, a complete and accurate list of all persons engaged in industrial homework on materials furnished or distributed by him, of all places where such persons work, of all materials furnished and distributed to such persons described as the commissioner may require, of all goods which such persons have manufactured and of the wages paid to each industrial homeworker, and unless he shall attach to all materials delivered for homework manufacture a label bearing his name and address or place of business legibly written or printed in English.
5. No person shall do industrial homework, except in a home in which he resides, and unless his name is on a homeworker's certificate issued by the commissioner and permitting industrial homework to be done in such home, and unless such certificate is exposed clearly in the home in which industrial homework is being done.
6. No article of food, no dolls or dolls' clothing and no stuffed animals or other stuffed toys used in the same way as dolls shall be manufactured for a factory, either directly or through a contractor or for an employer, in a home.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New York may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.