2014 New York Laws
GBS - General Business
Article 27 - (400 - 417) LICENSING OF NAIL SPECIALTY, NATURAL HAIR STYLING, ESTHETICS AND COSMETOLOGY
402 - Powers of the secretary of state.
402. Powers of the secretary of state. In addition to the powers and duties elsewhere prescribed in this article, the secretary shall have power to:
1. Appoint a sufficient number of assistants, inspectors and other employees as may be necessary to carry out the provisions of this article, to prescribe their duties, and to fix their compensation within the amount appropriated therefor;
2. Examine the qualifications and fitness of applicants for licenses and prospective applicants taking examinations under this article;
3. Keep records of all licenses issued, suspended or revoked, or orders directing the cessation of unlicensed activities;
4. Prepare a manual of rules and regulations for the conduct of examinations and to furnish copies thereof to persons desiring the same upon payment of a reasonable fee therefor; and
5. Adopt such rules and regulations not inconsistent with the provisions of this article, as may be necessary with respect to the form and content of applications for licenses, the reception thereof, the investigation and examination of applicants and of prospective applicants taking examinations and their qualifications, and the other matters incidental or appropriate to the powers and duties of the secretary as prescribed by this article and for the proper administration and enforcement of the provisions of this article.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New York may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.