2012 New York Consolidated Laws
SOS - Social Services
Article 2 - (5 - 40) DEPARTMENT AND STATE BOARD OF SOCIAL WELFARE
- 5 - Department of social welfare.
- 11 - Commissioner of social services.
- 12 - Deputy commissioners.
- 13 - Organization of the department.
- 14 - Employees; compensation.
- 16 - Offices of the Department.
- 17 - Powers and duties of the commissioner.
- 20 - Powers and duties of the department.
- 20-A - Local personnel; limitations on department's power.
- 20-B - Plan for in-home care of senior citizens.
- 20-C - Privatization.
- 21 - Welfare management system.
- 21-A - Electronic benefit transfer system.
- 22 - Appeals and fair hearings; judicial review.
- 23 - Wage reporting system.
- 28 - Gifts and bequests.
- 29 - Federal agency.
- 30 - Continuation of salaries of local and state welfare employees receiving training for the better performance of their duties.
- 31 - Fellowships and scholarships for local and state public welfare employees.
- 32 - Reciprocal agreements.
- 33 - Contracts for supplies and commodities needed in the administration of assistance.
- 34 - General powers and duties of the commissioner.
- 34-A - Services planning requirements.
- 35 - Legal representation of individuals whose federal disability benefits have been denied or may be discontinued.
- 36 - Studies.
- 36-A - Department research and demonstration projects.
- 36-B - Local flexibility incentive pilot program.
- 36-C - Savings plan demonstration project.
- 37 - Reports of and to department.
- 38 - Commission for the blind and visually handicapped.
- 39 - Indian affairs.
- 40 - Real property; purchase or acquisition.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New York may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.