2020 New Mexico Statutes
Chapter 40 - Domestic Affairs
Article 1 - Marriage in General
- Section 40-1-1 - [Marriage is civil contract requiring consent of parties.]
- Section 40-1-2 - Marriages solemnized; ordained clergy or civil magistrates may solemnize.
- Section 40-1-3 - Ceremony by religious society.
- Section 40-1-4 - [Lawful marriages without the state recognized.]
- Section 40-1-5 - Repealed.
- Section 40-1-6 - Restrictions on marriage of minors.
- Section 40-1-7 - Incestuous marriages.
- Section 40-1-8 - Repealed.
- Section 40-1-9 - Prohibited marriages.
- Section 40-1-10 - License required; county clerk.
- Section 40-1-11 - Fees; disposition.
- Section 40-1-12 - Repealed.
- Section 40-1-13 - Repealed.
- Section 40-1-14 - Production of license and proof of legal qualifications.
- Section 40-1-15 - Certification of marriage; recording and indexing.
- Section 40-1-16 - Application of law.
- Section 40-1-17 - Uniform use form.
- Section 40-1-18 - Form of application, license and certificate.
- Section 40-1-19 - Offenses; penalties.
- Section 40-1-20 - [Marriages without license in 1905 validated.]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New Mexico may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.