2018 New Mexico Statutes
Chapter 12 - Miscellaneous Public Affairs Matters
Article 12 - Hazardous Materials Emergency Response
Section 12-12-25 - Hazardous materials safety board; creation; duties.
A. There is created the "hazardous materials safety board", composed of the training officers of the responsible state agencies. The chairman of the board shall be elected by the members of the board.
B. The board shall, at the direction of the state emergency response commission:
(1) establish a curriculum of accident response training for the personnel of each responsible state agency designed to implement the plan adopted by the task force;
(2) certify to each responsible state agency those persons who have completed the training curriculum or parts of the curriculum;
(3) meet at least every four months to review the training needs of each responsible state agency and formulate a plan to meet those needs;
(4) conduct, under the direction and administration of the state fire marshal, an annual comprehensive training course for all appropriate personnel from responsible state agencies, other state agencies and local governments, which course shall include teaching the basic duties, responsibilities and procedures of responsible state agencies, other state agencies and local governments;
(5) in conjunction with the task force, prepare and submit to the state emergency response commission a budget for statewide training needs; and
(6) cooperate with and assist the task force as requested, including providing the task force with any requested information regarding safety and training of emergency response personnel.
History: 1978 Comp., § 74-4B-8, enacted by Laws 1983, ch. 80, § 8; 1984, ch. 41, § 7; 1986, ch. 62, § 6; 1989, ch. 149, § 15, recompiled as § 12-12-25 by Laws 2005, ch. 22, § 4.
Recompilations. — Laws 2005, ch. 22, § 4 recompiled 74-4B-8 NMSA 1978 as 12-12-25 NMSA 1978, effective July 1, 2005.
Cross references. — For the state fire marshal, see 59A-52-1 NMSA 1978.