2016 New Mexico Statutes
Chapter 65 - Motor Carriers
Article 7 - Transportation Network Company Services
Section 65-7-12 - Transportation network company driver requirements.
65-7-12. Transportation network company driver requirements.
A. Before allowing a transportation network company driver to accept prearranged ride requests through a transportation network company's digital network:
(1) the prospective driver shall submit an application to the transportation network company that includes the individual's address, age, driver's license number and state, driving history, motor vehicle registration and proof of the insurance required;
(2) the transportation network company shall obtain a local and national criminal background check for the prospective driver that shall include:
(a) multistate or multi-jurisdiction criminal records locator or other similar commercial nationwide database with validation and primary source search; and
(b) a national sex offender registry; and
(3) the transportation network company shall obtain and review a driving history research report for the prospective driver.
B. A transportation network company shall not permit a person to act as a transportation network company driver who:
(1) has had more than three moving violations in the preceding three-year period or one violation in the preceding three-year period involving any attempt to evade law enforcement, reckless driving or driving on a suspended or revoked license;
(2) has been convicted within the past seven years of:
(a) a felony;
(b) misdemeanor driving under the influence, reckless driving, leaving the scene of an accident or any other driving-related offense or any misdemeanor violent offense or sexual offense; or
(c) more than three misdemeanors of any kind;
(3) is identified by a national sex offender registry;
(4) does not possess a valid license;
(5) does not possess proof of registration for the motor vehicle used to provide prearranged rides;
(6) does not possess proof of automobile liability insurance for the motor vehicle used to provide prearranged rides; or
(7) is not at least twenty-one years old.
C. A transportation network company driver shall not provide prearranged rides for more than twelve hours out of any twenty-four-hour period.
History: Laws 2016, ch. 80, 12.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New Mexico may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.