2015 New Mexico Statutes
Chapter 3 - Municipalities
Section 56 Regional Planning
Section 3-56-3 Membership and organization.

NM Stat § 3-56-3 (2015) What's This?

3-56-3. Membership and organization.

A. Membership of the regional planning commission shall consist of representatives from each participating government, in number and for terms specified in the agreement. Representatives are not required to be members of the local governing body or district they represent but may be selected from among residents of the area within its jurisdiction. A representative of the state government may be designated by the governor to attend meetings of the commission.

B. Members of the commission shall serve without compensation, but shall be reimbursed for expenses incurred in pursuit of their duties on the commission pursuant to the Per Diem and Mileage Act [10-8-1 through 10-8-8 NMSA 1978]. The commission shall elect its own chairman from among its members, and shall establish its own rules and the committees it deems necessary to carry on its work. Committees may have as members persons other than members of the commission and other than elected officials. The commission shall meet as often as necessary but no less than four times a year.

C. The commission shall adopt an annual budget to be submitted to the participating governments which shall each contribute to the financing of the commission according to a formula specified in the agreement. Subject to approval of the secretary of the department of finance and administration, a regional planning commission may apply for, receive and utilize grants or other aid from the federal government or any of its agencies or from any other source.

History: 1953 Comp., 14-57-3, enacted by Laws 1967, ch. 239, 3; 1977, ch. 247, 142; 1983, ch. 296, 12.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New Mexico may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.