2015 New Mexico Statutes
Chapter 3 - Municipalities
Section 18 Powers of Municipalities
- Section 3-18-1 General powers; body politic and corporate powers.
- Section 3-18-2 Prohibition on municipal taxing power.
- Section 3-18-3 Animals.
- Section 3-18-4 Buildings; construct, purchase, rehabilitate, care for.
- Section 3-18-5 Dangerous buildings or debris; removal; notice; right of municipality to remove; lien.
- Section 3-18-6 Building construction and restrictions; establishing fire zones.
- Section 3-18-7 Additional county and municipal powers; flood and mudslide hazard areas; flood plain permits; land use control; jurisdiction; agreement.
- Section 3-18-8 Cemeteries.
- Section 3-18-9 Census.
- Section 3-18-10 Power of eminent domain; purposes; proceedings.
- Section 3-18-11 Fire prevention and protection; insurance for volunteer firemen.
- Section 3-18-11.1 Fingerprinting of fireman applicants required; authorization for municipality to communicate such information to the federal bureau of investigation.
- Section 3-18-12 Food and merchandise; regulation and inspection.
- Section 3-18-13 Industrial nuisances and nauseous locations; regulation and prohibition.
- Section 3-18-14 Municipal libraries; establishment; contract services; state publications; gifts and bequests.
- Section 3-18-15 Works of art; other works; acquisition and maintenance.
- Section 3-18-16 Markets and market places.
- Section 3-18-17 Nuisances and offenses; regulation or prohibition.
- Section 3-18-18 Parks.
- Section 3-18-19 Park and recreation construction authorized.
- Section 3-18-20 Police ordinances; county jails.
- Section 3-18-21 Railroads; street railroads; crossings.
- Section 3-18-22 Requirement for sanitary facilities; notice to owners; failure to comply; municipality to perform work; lien; interest.
- Section 3-18-23 Steam boiler inspection.
- Section 3-18-24 Licensing and regulating secondhand and junk stores.
- Section 3-18-25 Water systems; sewers; assessments.
- Section 3-18-26 Toll bridges.
- Section 3-18-27 Trees and shrubs.
- Section 3-18-28 Municipal employees' retirement system.
- Section 3-18-29 Foreign-trade zones.
- Section 3-18-30 Parking citations; certain municipalities; administrative cost assessment.
- Section 3-18-31 Sale of gasoline; authority of the municipality.
- Section 3-18-32 Limitation of county and municipal restrictions on solar collectors.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New Mexico may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.