2011 New Mexico Statutes
Chapter 47: Property Law
Article 6: County Subdivisions, 47-6-1 through 47-6-29
Section 47-6-18: Advertising standards.
47-6-18. Advertising standards.
A. Brochures, disclosure statements, publications and advertising of any form relating to subdivided land shall:
(1) not misrepresent or contain false or misleading statements of fact;
(2) not describe deeds, title insurance or other items included in a transaction as "free" and shall not state that any parcel is "free" or given as an "award" or "prize" if any consideration is required for any reason;
(3) not describe parcels available for "closing costs only" or similar terms unless all such costs are accurately and completely itemized or when additional parcels must be purchased at a higher price;
(4) not include an asterisk or other reference symbol as a means of contradicting or substantially changing any statement;
(5) if subdivision illustrations are used, accurately portray the subdivision in its present state, and if illustrations are used portraying points of interest outside the subdivision, state the actual road miles from the subdivision;
(6) not contain artists' conceptions of the subdivision or any facilities within it unless clearly described as such and shall not contain maps unless accurately drawn to scale with the scale indicated;
(7) not contain references to any facilities, points of interest or municipalities located outside the subdivision unless the distances from the subdivision are stated in the advertisement in actual road miles; and
(8) refer to where the subdivider's disclosure statement may be obtained.
B. Copies of all brochures, publications and advertising relating to subdivided land shall be filed with the board of county commissioners of the county in which the subdivision is located and with the attorney general within fifteen days after initial use by the subdivider.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New Mexico may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.