2011 New Mexico Statutes
Chapter 44: Miscellaneous Civil Law Matters
Article 2: Mandamus, 44-2-1 through 44-2-14
- Section 44-2-1: Regulation of mandamus.
- Section 44-2-2: District courts open at all times for issuance of writs.
- Section 44-2-3: Exclusive original jurisdiction; district and supreme courts.
- Section 44-2-4: Purpose of writ; judicial discretion not controlled.
- Section 44-2-5: Adequate remedy at law; writ will not issue; who may obtain writ.
- Section 44-2-6: Contents of writ.
- Section 44-2-7: When peremptory or alternative writs issued.
- Section 44-2-8: Allowance of writ; return day; service.
- Section 44-2-9: Answer to writ.
- Section 44-2-10: Peremptory mandamus on failure to answer; procedure after answer.
- Section 44-2-11: Pleadings allowed; proceedings as in civil actions.
- Section 44-2-12: Judgment for plaintiff; damages; costs; peremptory writ.
- Section 44-2-13: Officer or board refusing to perform duty; fine; other action for penalty barred.
- Section 44-2-14: Review of proceedings.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New Mexico may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.