2011 New Mexico Statutes
Chapter 18: Libraries, Museums and Cultural Properties
Article 6: Cultural Properties, 18-6-1 through 18-6-27
- Section 18-6-1: Short title
- Section 18-6-2: Purpose of act.
- Section 18-6-3: Definitions.
- Section 18-6-4: Committee created; membership; compensation; voting; term; chairman; meetings.
- Section 18-6-5: Committee; powers and duties.
- Section 18-6-6: Cultural affairs department; powers and duties relating to the cultural properties act.
- Section 18-6-7: Historic preservation division; planning; fiscal administration and cooperation for purposes of the cultural properties act.
- Section 18-6-8: State historic preservation officer; appointment; qualifications; duties.
- Section 18-6-8.1: Review of proposed state undertakings.
- Section 18-6-9: Cultural property; unauthorized excavation, injury or destruction; criminal damage to property.
- Section 18-6-9.1: Cultural property; unauthorized appropriation; larceny.
- Section 18-6-9.2: Cultural property; unauthorized damage or appropriation; civil penalties.
- Section 18-6-9.3: Cultural property; forfeiture of instruments.
- Section 18-6-10: Cultural properties on private land.
- Section 18-6-11: Permit required for excavation of archaeological sites; penalty.
- Section 18-6-11.1: Confidentiality of site location.
- Section 18-6-11.2: Permit required for excavation of unmarked burials; penalty.
- Section 18-6-12: Emergency classification pending investigation.
- Section 18-6-13: Repealed.
- Section 18-6-14: State historian.
- Section 18-6-15: State archaeologist.
- Section 18-6-16: Preparation and sale of cultural properties publications; revolving fund; report.
- Section 18-6-17: Designation of state monuments; reservation of lands for monument care and management.
- Section 18-6-18: Short title.
- Section 18-6-19: Purpose.
- Section 18-6-20: Definitions.
- Section 18-6-21: Fund created; administration.
- Section 18-6-22: Loan program; duties of division and committee.
- Section 18-6-23: Loans; criteria.
- Section 18-6-24: Short title.
- Section 18-6-25: Definitions.
- Section 18-6-26: Remains designated for reburial.
- Section 18-6-27: Designation of reburial grounds site.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New Mexico may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.