2018 New Jersey Revised Statutes
Title 2C - THE NEW JERSEY CODE OF CRIMINAL JUSTICE
Chapter 4 - Insanity defense
- Section 2c:4-1 - Insanity defense
- Section 2c:4-2 - Evidence of mental disease or defect admissible when relevant to element of the offense
- Section 2c:4-3 - Requirement of notice
- Section 2c:4-4 - Mental incompetence excluding fitness to proceed
- Section 2c:4-5 - Psychiatric or psychological examination of defendant with respect to fitness to proceed.
- Section 2c:4-6 - Determination of fitness to proceed; effect of finding of unfitness; proceedings if fitness is regained; post-commitment hearing
- Section 2c:4-7 - Disposition
- Section 2c:4-8 - Commitment of a person by reason of insanity
- Section 2c:4-9 - Release of persons committed by reason of insanity
- Section 2c:4-10 - Statements for Purposes of Examination or Treatment Inadmissible Except on Issue of Mental Condition.
- Section 2c:4-11 - Immaturity excluding criminal conviction; transfer of proceedings to family court
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New Jersey may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.