2018 New Jersey Revised Statutes
Title 2C - THE NEW JERSEY CODE OF CRIMINAL JUSTICE
Chapter 3 - Justification an affirmative defense; civil remedies unaffected
- Section 2c:3-1 - Justification an affirmative defense; civil remedies unaffected
- Section 2c:3-2 - Necessity and other justifications in general
- Section 2c:3-3 - Execution of public duty
- Section 2c:3-4 - Use of force in self-protection.
- Section 2c:3-5 - Use of force for the protection of other persons
- Section 2c:3-6 - Use of force in defense of premises or personal property
- Section 2c:3-7 - Use of force in law enforcement
- Section 2c:3-8 - Use of force by persons with special responsibility for care, discipline or safety of others
- Section 2c:3-9 - Mistake of law as to unlawfulness of force or legality of arrest; reckless or negligent use of excessive but otherwise justifiable force; reckless or
- Section 2c:3-10 - Justification in property crimes
- Section 2c:3-11 - Definitions.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New Jersey may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.