2018 New Jersey Revised Statutes
Title 26 - HEALTH AND VITAL STATISTICS
Section 26:13-25 - Claims for reimbursement.
Section: 26:13-25: Claims for reimbursement.
25. a. Any person making a claim for reimbursement for private property or services employed, taken or used for a public purpose under this act shall, subsequent to the termination of the public health emergency, file a petition for an award with the State Public Health Emergency Claim Reimbursement Board, established pursuant to section 24 of this act, through the Commissioner of Health. The petition shall be signed by the claimant and shall set forth the following:
(1) a description of the services or property employed, taken, or used;
(2) the dates of the employment, taking, or usage;
(3) the person or entity ordering the employment, taking, or usage;
(4) such additional information as the petitioner deems relevant to a full consideration of the claim; and
(5) any additional information that the board may require.
b. The board may establish such forms, documents, and procedures as may be necessary to expedite the processing of claims, and all claimants shall utilize and follow the forms, documents, and procedures, if so established. Subsequent to the filing of an initial petition, the board may request such additional information as it deems necessary from any claimant and may require the claimant, and any other person with knowledge of facts and circumstances relevant to the claim, to appear before the board for a hearing. No petition shall be filed with the board more than 180 days from the last date the services or property were employed, taken or used, except that this deadline may be extended by the board as is necessary to further the purposes of this act.
c. The board's determination concerning a claimant's petition for reimbursement shall be transmitted to the claimant in writing. The claimant may appeal the decision to the Superior Court subject to the Rules of Court regarding the review of State agency actions.