2017 New Jersey Revised Statutes
TITLE 40A - MUNICIPALITIES AND COUNTIES
Section 40A:5-14.6 - Duties of investment oversight board.
40A:5-14.6 Duties of investment oversight board.
5. a. An investment oversight board created pursuant to section 4 of P.L.2008, c.65 (C.40A:5-14.5), acting in consultation with the Director of the Division of Investment in the Department of the Treasury, shall:
(1) establish an investment plan for the purposes of its dedicated trust fund established pursuant to subsection a. of section 4 of P.L.2008, c.65 (C.40A:5-14.5), subject to the approval of the State Treasurer; and
(2) annually review its investment plan to assure that the program remains actuarially sound.
b. An investment plan established pursuant to subsection a. of this section shall specify the investment policies, and notwithstanding the provisions of section 8 of P.L.1977, c.396 (C.40A:5-15.1), the types of financial instruments permitted for investment that shall be used by the Division of Investment in its administration of the fund.
c. (1) When required by the allocation plan adopted pursuant to section 3 of P.L.2008, c.65 (C.40A:5-14.4), at the close of each fiscal year of the municipality, the investment oversight board shall certify to the municipality the amount of earnings that are available for distribution.
(2) If those earnings are to be used for municipal property tax relief, then such amount shall be distributed from the dedicated trust fund to the municipality on the following schedule: February 1, 25% of the total amount due; May 1, 25% of the total amount due, August 1, 25% of the total amount due; and November 1, 25% of the total amount due.
(3) Distribution of funds for purposes other than municipal property tax relief shall be made pursuant to an agreement between the municipality and the investment oversight board, if permitted by municipal ordinance.
d. The investment oversight board shall be subject to the "prudent person" standard of care applicable to the Division of Investment in the Department of the Treasury pursuant to subsection b. of section 11 of P.L.1950, c.270 (C.52:18A-89).
e. (1) The day-to-day administration of the investments of any dedicated trust fund established pursuant to subsection a. of section 4 of P.L.2008, c.65 (C.40A:5-14.5) shall be vested with the Division of Investment in the New Jersey Department of the Treasury.
(2) The division shall be responsible for providing such services as may be deemed necessary for the implementation of a comprehensive investment program for the approved investment plan, including, but not limited to:
(a) providing billing;
(b) individual and collective record keeping and accounting;
(c) asset purchase, control, and safe keeping;
(d) investment management, marketing, administration, compliance, and internal control;
(e) program operations; and
(f) other services necessary to carry out the purposes of P.L.2008, c.65 (C.40A:5-14.2 et al.).
L.2008, c.65, s.5.