2017 New Jersey Revised Statutes
TITLE 12A - COMMERCIAL TRANSACTIONS
Section 12A:9-309 - Security interest perfected upon attachment.
12A:9-309 Security interest perfected upon attachment.
12A:9-309. Security Interest Perfected upon Attachment.
The following security interests are perfected when they attach:
(1) a purchase-money security interest in consumer goods, except as otherwise provided in 12A:9-311 (b) with respect to consumer goods that are subject to a statute or treaty described in 12A:9-311(a);
(2) an assignment of accounts or payment intangibles which does not by itself or in conjunction with other assignments to the same assignee transfer a significant part of the assignor's outstanding accounts or payment intangibles;
(3) a sale of a payment intangible;
(4) a sale of a promissory note;
(5) a security interest created by the assignment of a health-care-insurance receivable to the provider of the health-care goods or services;
(6) a security interest arising under 12A:2-401, 12A:2-505, 12A:2-711(3), 12A:2A-508(5), until the debtor obtains possession of the collateral;
(7) security interest of a collecting bank arising under 12A:4-210;
(8) a security interest of an issuer or nominated person arising under 12A:5-118;
(9) a security interest arising in the delivery of a financial asset under 12A:9-206 (c);
(10) a security interest in investment property created by a broker or securities intermediary;
(11) a security interest in a commodity contract or a commodity account created by a commodity intermediary;
(12) An assignment for the benefit of all creditors of the transferor and subsequent transfers by the assignee thereunder; and
(13) A security interest created by an assignment of a beneficial interest in a decedent's estate.
L.2001, c.117, s.1; amended 2001, c.386, s.25.