2019 Nevada Revised Statutes
Chapter 690C - Service Contracts
NRS 690C.160 - Application for certificate; fees; renewal. [Effective through December 31, 2019.]
1. A provider who wishes to issue, sell or offer for sale service contracts in this state must submit to the Commissioner:
(a) A registration application on a form prescribed by the Commissioner;
(b) Proof that the provider has complied with the requirements for financial security set forth in NRS 690C.170;
(c) A copy of each type of service contract the provider proposes to issue, sell or offer for sale;
(d) The name, address and telephone number of each administrator with whom the provider intends to contract;
(e) A fee of $1,000 and, in addition to any other fee or charge, all applicable fees required pursuant to NRS 680C.110; and
(f) The following information for each controlling person:
(1) Whether the person, in the last 10 years, has been:
(I) Convicted of a felony or misdemeanor of which an essential element is fraud;
(II) Insolvent or adjudged bankrupt;
(III) Refused a license or registration as a service contract provider or had an existing license or registration as a service contract provider suspended or revoked by any state or governmental agency or authority; or
(IV) Fined by any state or governmental agency or authority in any matter regarding service contracts; and
(2) Whether there are any pending criminal actions against the person other than moving traffic violations.
2. In addition to the fee required by subsection 1, a provider must pay a fee of $25 for each type of service contract the provider files with the Commissioner.
3. A certificate of registration is valid for 1 year after the date the Commissioner issues the certificate to the provider. A provider may renew his or her certificate of registration if, before the certificate expires, the provider submits to the Commissioner:
(a) An application on a form prescribed by the Commissioner;
(b) A fee of $1,000 and, in addition to any other fee or charge, all applicable fees required pursuant to NRS 680C.110; and
(c) The information required by paragraph (f) of subsection 1:
(1) If an existing controlling person has had a change in any of the information previously submitted to the Commissioner; or
(2) For a controlling person who has not previously submitted the information required by paragraph (f) of subsection 1 to the Commissioner.
4. All fees paid pursuant to this section are nonrefundable.
5. Each application submitted pursuant to this section, including, without limitation, an application for renewal, must:
(a) Be signed by an executive officer, if any, of the provider or, if the provider does not have an executive officer, by a controlling person of the provider; and
(b) Have attached to it an affidavit signed by the person described in paragraph (a) which meets the requirements of subsection 6.
6. Before signing the application described in subsection 5, the person who signs the application shall verify that the information provided is accurate to the best of his or her knowledge.
(Added to NRS by 1999, 3336; A 2001, 2228; 2009, 1813; 2017, 2380)